I - Starting:
11 - Introduction
FastReport is a tool for " Reporting ". It consists of a administrator, an editor and a previsualisor of state. It has functionalities comparable with those of QuickReport 3 or ReportBuilder 3.52.12 - Downloading
The description of the state is external with the application what makes it possible to modify a state without having to recompiler the application.
It is FreeWare. The source code is entirely provided.
NDT: In a first hard, I will try to interpret the small manual provided with FastReport while developing a little more.
Up to now, I did not find the site of the author for the updatings on the other hand, you can all download from my site.Last version 2.2 to the 28/04/1999 (192 KB)13 - Functionalities
The nonofficial version, it is a version modified by me and " corrected " for the multilangage (any titles or caption were not taken into account). To install it, you must first, install version 2.2 then to extract the patch and recompile the package corresponding to your version from DELPHI.
NB: It also contains also the last modififications on the file language (FR.LNG)
- Intgrated editor
- Prévisualisation like MsWord
- Speedy (40 to 60% faster than QR)
- Code compact :
- The demonstration (Delphi 4) is ~50 KB larger than that of QR but it has in more the integrated editor.
- Unlimited number of page
- The preview and printing is aviable at design.
- It is possible to create models of states.
- 3 levels of details (Master/Detail/SubDetail)
- Under possible states.
- Possible groups.
- Multi-pages report.
- Composite Report (like QRCompositeReport).
- Total control of the printing.
- Integrated mathematic parser.
- Expansion by components, Expert, bookshops of functions...
- Filters of export (currently only the format text).
- Report on the two ways.
- Function of search for text in a prepared report.
The following mitres appear on your pallette of components:
This mitre references the necessary components for the toolbars of FastReport. This document will not deal with these components.
|TFrReport: It is the basic component to printing an preview a report.|
|TFrCompositeReport: allows to connect several states on only one.|
|TFrDbDataSet: allows to declare a data source accessible by FastReport.|
|TFrOleObject: allows to declare to the editor the possibility of including an object OLE in a state.|
|TFrRichObject: allows to declare to the editor the possibility of including formatted text (rtf) in a state|
|TFrFramedMemo: allows to declare to the editor the possibility of including a zone text framed in a state|
|TFrDesigner: allows to declare an editor of state.|